How are you going to reduce your waste? Where can you recycle?
Each year, West Australians produce an average of 2.4 tonnes of rubbish per person*…..
……. that’s the equivalent of a large white Rhino or 5 saltwater crocs!
Although recycling plays an important role in managing waste, reducing the amount of waste generated in the first place is even more important. Not only does this reduce the amount of waste going to landfill, it reduces the amount of greenhouse gas emitted and oil consumed in production and transportation of unnecessary products.
It is estimated that more than 145.7 million litres of oil was used in the production, transportation, refrigeration and recycling or disposing of bottled water in Australia in 2009/10.**
Making a difference is easy, it just needs some thought and preparation.
Even though not all councils are able to provide curbside recycling, there are still plenty of recycling opportunities available to you in your town. Visit the RecyclingNearYou.com.au website to find out what and where you can recycle
Don’t bag it – recycling in a plastic bag poses a risk to employees sorting rubbish (they don’t know what is in there) and your plastic won’t get recycled
Empty and clean containers – to reduce contamination
Remove any lids – this allows the plastic bottles to be squashed for transport to the recycling facility
Check the recycling number – to make sure that it can be recycled
YES you can recycle in Geraldton!
Plastic recycling now available at:
- Beachlands Primary School – Corner of Whitfield St and Bradley St
- Bluff Point Primary School – 18 Mitchell St
- Caltex Sunset Beach – 620 Chapman Rd
- City Hive/Pollinators – 184 Marine Terrace (at the back)
- Geraldton Civic Centre – 63 Cathedral Avenue (at the back)
- Geraldton Library – 37 Marine Terrace (at the back)
- Geraldton Primary School – Augustus St
- Geraldton Recycling Centre (Tip Shop) – 61 Landfill Lane Narngulu
- Geraldton Surf Life Saving Club – 260 Willcock Drive
- Greenough Pioneer Museum and Gardens – Phillips Rd, Greenough
- John Batten Community Hall – Drummond Cove
- Leaning Tree Community School – 15 Bayly St, Geraldton
- Mt Tarcoola Primary School – Acacia St
- Paringa Park – Paringa St, Mount Tarcoola
- PCYC – 105 Pass St, Wonthella
- Rigters IGA – Durlacher St
- Strathalbyn Christian College – 15 Cedar Cres
- Waggrakine Primary School – Hall Rd
- Wandina Primary School – 29 Ajax Dr
If you notice one of the plastic recycling bins is full, please contact the Geraldton Tip Shop on 9923 3201 and let them know.
- News & Events
- NACC Publications & Resources
- External Links & Publications
On Saturday the 10th of October, NACC NRM celebrated the 16th annual WA Beach Clean Up Day by hosting a…
Who better to talk about in this month’s #PeopleOfNRM than Gardening Australia’s Josh Byrne? Josh recently joined us in Dongara…
This past month saw the passing of #NationalCompostAwarenessWeek. In honour of this, we are digging under the surface… literally! Underneath…
There are no upcoming events at this time.