Recently, NACC NRM’s Coastal team joined the Meerkatharra School of the Air Christmas celebrations!
Joining 15 students from kindy to year 3, parents and teachers, we discussed seabird and shorebird behaviours, and what they can do to help conserve the species and protect the coastal environment.
- Take 3 for the sea (or as much as you find/can reasonable remove and dispose of correctly)
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (Refuse and Renew too)
- ORRV best practice
- Let down tyres
- Stick to the tracks
- Keep your eyes peeled and obey signage for nesting birds and revegetation areas
- Keep your dog on the lead (especially in areas with nesting birds)
- Keep cats inside your home
We then had a visit from Santa and helped hand out the presents for each student!
Friendly reminder to be conscious of consumption and waste around the holiday period, and be mindful of the shorebird nesting sites when celebrating at our local beaches!