The Regional Agriculture Landcare Facilitator (RALF) is an initiative of the Commonwealth Department of Agriculture and Water Resources funded under the Regional Lands Partnership.
The RALF is here to provide a central point of contact for farmers, industry and community groups to support sustainable agriculture and land management activities. The role focuses on the facilitation of ideas and practices that:
- Increase the awareness and adoption of land management practices that improve and protect the condition of soil, biodiversity and vegetation.
- Ensure that there is an increase in the capacity of agriculture systems to adapt to significant change in climate and market demands for information on provenance and sustainable production.
The RALF role can provide support in a number of ways including but not limited to:
- Helping to coordinate and deliver NRM activities (e.g. workshops, farm demonstrations etc.).
- Provide information and support on the latest innovations, market trends and ideas to improve both productivity and sustainability.
- Facilitating partnerships and networks with and between individuals, community, researchers, government and industry.
- Assistance in accessing grant funding.
- Assistance with future planning and implementation of sustainable agriculture and Landcare practices.
- Assistance in accessing government services.
- Providing up to date information on changes in policy and government initiatives.
- Develop new communities of practice that support sustainable agriculture.
For more information about please contact NACC’s Regional Agriculture Landcare Facilitators – Lizzie King (E) Lizzie.King@nacc.com.au (P) 0447 361 335 or Annabelle Garratt (E) firstname.lastname@example.org (P) 0448 986 879.