Photography can inspire a love of wildlife and desire to protect it and NACC is launching its Threatened Fauna Photography Competition as a way to encourage people to get outside and learn about our threatened wildlife.
NACC’s threatened fauna competition is a regional competition that awards and promotes threatened Australian wildlife through the medium of photography. NACC invites photographers to raise the plight of threatened wildlife and aims to encourage photographs taken in the Northern Agricultural Region or of fauna known to occur across the region – which reflect the diversity and uniqueness of our threatened Australian wildlife.
This competition is open to photographers of all ages, with three prizes awarded: canvas print of their entry to take home and bragging rights as NACC’s 2019 Threatened Fauna Photographer of the year.
NACC also promotes ethical interactions with native wildlife, for more information please see BirdLife Western Australia‘s website for their ethical guidelines: https://birdlife.org.au/…/POL-Ethical-Birding-Guidelines.pdf
Terms and Conditions:
- All photographs must reflect threatened fauna listed under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999; and fauna from theNorthern Agricultural Region or of fauna known to have occurred across the region.
- All photographs must be at least 300 dpi.
- A maximum of three (3) photos can be entered per person.
- NACC will accept no responsibility for entries lost, destroyed or not used in the competition or displayed at exhibitions for whatever reason.
- The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into with regard to this decision.
- Entries close on 25 November 2019. No late entries will be accepted.
- Incomplete or illegible entry forms will not be accepted.
- The Northern Agricultural Catchments Council will have the right to use, publish and re-publish the photograph(s), in whole or in part, in all forms of media and in any manner, including electronic media or composite representations, for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or any lawful purposes.
- Images must be correctly named in the following format;
Category name_picture title_your first name_your last name
All images must be supplied on disk and dropped to the NACC Geraldton office or by email to media[email protected]
This project is supported by the NACC NRM through funding from the Australian Government National Landcare Program.