Bilya Rock is a local reserve situated 5km west of Gutha turnoff, on the main Morawa-Mullewa Highway, and approx 20km north of Morawa.
A large granite outcrop, with surrounding bushland covering 18 hectares, Bilya Rock makes for an enjoyable place for a bushwalk, or picnic, in the winter and spring.
— Richard McLellan (@RichardMcLellan) August 16, 2016
A large cairn or mound of rough stones built as a landmark is standing on Bilya Rock. The cairn is reputed to have been placed there by John Forrest in the 1870s, as a trigonometrical survey pointJohn Forrest was appointed as a Government surveyor for the Victoria District in 1871. His name, and a date were carved in a York Gum pole atop of the cairn, and many residents of the Gutha district still remember seeing this pole before the white ants demolished it sometime around the 1940’s.