We’ve been overwhelmed … having received an impressive number of applications for NACC’s Coastal Community Grants Program’s ninth competitive round.
What’s even more impressive is the quality of the works being proposed, which has resulted in all applications received being Awarded funding.
Congratulations to the seven winning applicants:
- Jurien Bay High School P&C – for the installation of native plant species and interpretive signage for their Yued Nature Play project.
- Shire of Gingin– to rehabilitate Seabird’s sea wall to help stabilise the coastline.
- Moore Catchment Council – for ongoing rehabilitation of the Guilderton dunes in the north.
- Shire of Irwin Tidy Towns Sustainable Committee – for the revegetation and removal of invasive plant species along a weed-infested section of the coastline north of the Irwin River Mouth
- Green Head Coastcare – for an extensive flora survey and weed mapping at the Green Head Hedland Reserve
- Arts & Cultural Development Council (ACDC) Geraldton – for their community engagement workshop “Ban the Bag”.
- City of Greater Geraldton – for the rehabilitation of the dunes at Separation Point.
Approximately $50,000 will be divided between these community groups and organisations to help fund coastal management and monitoring activities while enhancing community knowledge and skills in rehabilitation, restoration and conservation of the NACC NRM region coastline.
NACC Coastal & Marine Project Officer Vanessa McGuiness said it was too difficult to knock back any of these outstanding projects that make such an important contribution towards improving the management of our coast, and connect our community to the environment.
“I’m looking forward to working with these groups on these quality projects,” she said.
If you missed out on this round of Coastal Community Grants and have a project in mind, NACC’s Quick Step Grants (for projects up to $2,000) are still open. Application forms are available here: http://www.nacc.com.au/project/small-coastal-grants-program/
For more information, please contact NACC Coastal & Marine Project Officer Vanessa McGuiness at Vanessa.McGuiness@nacc.com.au or on 9938 0108.
The grants programs are supported by NACC, through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Programme.